Monday, July 31, 2006

Is it live or just Memorex?

Wow. What a day. First an all GFR staff meeting. Then a short tour into the village to visit Sarafena to see her old hut and her new 4 bedroom home. Travis and I took Pastor Bill and his wife Lisa from University Baptist Church www.ubcmiami.org (looks like a sweet church!) Bill and Lisa were so interested in what GFR is doing, and had such kind hearts as they touched many of the children and passed out some cross necklaces. (see my blog for Photos) Thank you Pastor Bill and Lisa!

When I got back into Kigali, I took my two boys to the Intercontinental Hotel for some Chocolate Shakes. As we were sitting there, Nathan remarked to me, "Dad, look at that man with the COOL glasses!" I did not look, because it was not nice to stare. A few minutes later, I saw Rick Warren introducing himself to several people. I went up to his travelling companion Steve, and said "Could I meet Rick also?" He said "sure, he is real approachable!" I happened to have my camera with me...which is by chance...So I asked him to look at some of the photos we had from the village, Sarafena's house before and after...he said something like good job, then interupted me to introduce himself to my sons, Nathan and Mike! I would not want to make him feel like a rock star or anything, but if he only knew what an affect his example through lectures and his book the purpose driven life had deep within my heart. Rick, if you by some small chance are reading this blog, thank you for obeying Christ. You are like an incredible example to me and of course thousands around the world. Your humble spirit goes before you. If you possibly have 30 minutes, I would love to talk about our Personal Visions for Rwanda while you are here. Can you email me at ben.pahlow@globalfamilyrescue.org ?
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and Rick look alike, Maby You did not notice that

KAth

The Haines Family said...

Yep, you look like brothers! :)

Keep up the good work!

Love,
Pam