Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reflections

It has been a few days since I have written.  The sun is shining and everyone else is in bed.  I have learned to take these few minutes in the morning for reading because the apartment is small and I hardly ever get a quiet moment.

As I reflect on the time I have spent in Uganda so far, I can see that God has brought me here for a purpose.  Before I left I would have said the purpose was to find and help the orphans and widows that die each day without hope.  But God is showing me it is far greater than that.  I am here to find me too.  Each night when the sun goes down at 6:30 and the mosquito net lowers above my bed, I sense a great longing inside of my soul.  There is time here to think and reflect on life and have few distractions in the process.  As I meditate, it is apparent that my heart is needing to be filled by hope that only God can offer.

So as I sit here today, I ask God to guide me and show me where He wants me to be physically and mentally.  I am lost without Him.  He is the only one who has the answers to our emptiness; whether that is an empty belly or an empty heart.  Psalms 143:8 says, " Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting in You.  Show me where to walk for I give myself to you."

No comments: