Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Hate Being Sick

I got sick, really sick. I hate that! I am the worst patient ever. I complain like crazy and nothing satisfies me, especially when I am nauseous. Ben has proved to be incredibly forbearing with me however. I absolutely love having him around when I feel under the weather. He is so helpful! I couldn’t go with the team to Kamwenge and Ben stayed back to bring Mike and me to the doc.

I am much better now… doc said I probably ate something that didn’t agree with me. I am SURE that was the problem. However, it was a blessing to spend the time with Ben anyway. After NOT seeing him for 5 weeks, I have missed him so much.

Here is the pic he took of me today when we took Rick to see his family in Kampala. That was really fun. The mom was so grateful that at one point she buried her head in Rick’s shoulder. She could not believe all the gifts she was receiving! I love how this kind of thoughtfulness blessed her until she was speechless!

I also spent some time sharing shoes and earrings with some of the neighbors at the house. I have never worn heals in the field, but we had a meeting prior so I dressed up a little. Lesson for today; Girls love to be beautiful wherever you are in the world!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melody! You look absolutely stunning. Just so beautiful. I miss seeing your smiling face. :) I read your blog all the time. May God continually change our perspective on life. Love you!
Maya