Sunday, June 22, 2008

Angry at the World

I am so angry and frustrated. It happens when you are here a while. There are the tiny little things like no hot water, diarrhea, and no fast food. Then there are the big things like seeing mothers and fathers sick with AIDS, sick children, and without a doubt women that our constantly abused and neglected here. It is more than I can handle right now. It is all I can do not to scream. But what good will that do? I guess I will just write a brief synopsis of today…

We went to Namyoya. The church is really great. They are also in the process of building the pastors house too. We got to see one of the water wells that were completed and we were told that the other one is up and running. See Ben's blog for more photos on these projects.

Pastor David preached about Job. I found it interesting that he compared the village to Job by saying they were now reaping the benefits of patience as Job had. They were now, “blessed abundantly”. It blew me away. They still don’t have what I would want… chocolate, meat (I guess that should have come first), air conditioning, electricity or running water. I am really NOT surprised that they would feel so happy with the simple things like water from a well or a roof over their heads while they are praying. It is said that even the unchurched are celebrating in the village. I wish I could be so simple and content. I am trying hard… but it is not easy for me.

The ladies in our traditional dresses provided by Namyoya

Also met two sponsored families of the team members.

Deb and Chris meet with their widow

It was really exciting. Both were so ecstatic to meet their caregivers. Gene Weavers family was extremely difficult to see because Robert, the father, is dying of AIDS and his 13 year old daughter is taking care of everything including farming 2 acres of land by hand herself. I was told that Robert was once a strong man. He was wealthy owning several cows, farming his own land as an agriculturalist with lean muscle and light brown skin. This once attractive man sought out a wife worthy of him. She was beautiful as well. After giving birth to 5 children, she died in 2007. He sold everything he had to try to save her but it was too late. He has since stayed in his small dirty house crying so loud the neighbors could hear leaving Idah caring for the 4 other children. It breaks my heart to see him now, a broken slight man with bones protruding through his chest visible 20 feet away. The only glimmer of hope here is the sponsorship that the Weaver’s started last month. They even gave extra money in hopes that Anti-retroviral Drugs may be able to keep him alive until Idah is 16 or so. Then she will be an older orphan at least. But I have to tell you my faith feels small in the matter.

Gene and Robert

Maybe now you can understand why I am angry? It just doesn’t make any sense to me. I feel so helpless sometimes. I wish I had a magic wand to make it all ok. I go to sleep at night going over the faces wondering if each one is alright. Are they sleeping well? Have they eaten today? How can I get another one sponsored?

Please help me not be too late. If there is anyone you know that would be willing to sponsor a family for $64 a month, you can save a life. We are looking for approximately 75 more families in this village to be sponsored immediately. Please, won't you give someone a chance to live and email me today at melody@globalfamilyrescue.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back up and blogging, mum! Good on ya'! By the way you look very beautiful in the white dress!

EL said...

great to read about your experiences again... keep it up.