Friday, August 10, 2007

Almost ready!

Well, I am sitting here at 11:00 pm working. I am not crying everyday anymore and I am starting to experience some semblance of normalcy. Tonight I walked around my neighborhood and marveled at the clean streets, lack of bugs and my own safety. It is starting to sink in that I am not in Africa anymore. There really is so little here to compare to my life to there.

Nate was telling me today that he wished he was back there, "Except for the food!" He told me he loves the way people treat him in Africa. He feels special and cared for. It's true, I miss that as well. It isn't that people don't love me here.... it is just different. People depend on eachother in Africa for everything. There is no way to survive without family and friends. It grows on you when you are there, and you feel like you are one of the family.

Speaking of family, we are getting ready for sponsorships... family photos are being sent to us in another day or two. We can't wait to get started! These families are so desperate... If you want to sponsor a family or find out more about it, please contact our Sponsorship Administrator at jaimie.white@globalfamilyrescue.org We will make sure to send you a needy orphan or widowed family.

No comments: