Friday, July 20, 2007

Elton has a heart of gold


Elton hugging Cissy. He held her for a long time.


Pastor Elton and his wife Sarah have been wanting to sponsor another family. He met Grace (who is 17, HIV Positive, has tuberculosis, has one child named Brenda who is 1 1/2) and told her in person, "It is my pleasure to sponsor you." Grace was VERY happy! She returns to the hospital next week for beginning her HIV and Tuberculosis treatment!
Here is Grace's sick daughter Brenda. We just had her assessed and she is HIV positive. She passes out when she coughs or has diarrhea. Here she met us on the road with a caseworker. She is bringing her to a hospital to try to save her life. Please pray for her!
Brenda's life is precious. Elton and Sarah will be caring for them on a monthly basis.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I wished that I was there to hug them myself! I can't wait to see how GFR and our resources will change their lives. Thank you for giving us this opportunity!

Jaimie's Life Adventures said...

Wow, I never saw Grace's daughter. I am sad that her outcome is not bright. But Grace is smiling... she looks happy. I am glad to see the smile on her face. She has HOPE written all over her face! Praise God! I am praying for Brenda. For her health. I am glad that there are more people there helping. I miss being there with you guys. Helping.