Sunday, July 03, 2005

1.30.05

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Oh man! It’s the end of January?? I just realized I have a week to compile last year’s info for the tax man. Yikes. Sometimes I don’t like looking at the date, only the day of the week. Especially during weeks like this! I mean, this is taking precedence over everything. With all the food preparation that goes on around here, even getting the kids lunches made for school is a real stretch. I am thankful for “Lunchables”!

And may I add that I am thankful for Spiderman? His web slinging action has kept these refugees attention for hours. The DVD is going to be worn out for sure. Tonight I broke down after the fourth time they watched it and rented Spiderman 2! We tried to get them interested in Lord of the Rings, but I guess they can’t relate to Hobbits. By the time Gandalf died, they begged me for Spiderman. And so, I thank you Tobey Maguire for your excellent acting abilities!

Today was totally screwed up. Our schedule threw the family for a loop. We went to church (yahoo!) and then I had leadership training. Dinner didn’t get started until 4:00 and wasn’t finished until 7:00. Basically half of the family fell asleep before dinner was even served. They are going to be starving tomorrow morning!

Can I just say how annoying infants can be? All they do is eat and cry. Right now, I hear Mohammud screaming his brains out. It’s a wonder Mama sleeps at all. How does she do it? After all these children she still has the capacity to bounce him on her knee or make noises to calm him. I might have given up the ghost by now.

I am laughing at myself right now…does it mean you are going insane when you begin to laugh all by yourself? I feel stir crazy! If I don’t laugh, I think I might cry again. Going to church was so wonderful today and I didn’t want it to end. I think we should extend it, just for people like me who don’t want to go home! But I hear God’s voice saying to me, “Yes Melody, but that is where the real church is.” How true. I am in the church now! It has a crying baby, washing machine in spin cycle, dishwasher swooshing, Spiderman saving Mary Jane, 6 Muslims sleeping, a wet blanket that Ali has “baptized” and one woman declaring it all for God’s glory. Funny things I have in my church. Maybe you can relate to some of that.

Well, Ben is out with a friend and I am going to have some fun watching the movie “Emma” in my bedroom ALONE! Hopefully, Gwyneth Paltrow can drown out some of Mary Jane’s screams downstairs.

No comments: