Monday, July 11, 2011

Wonders that I have NEVER seen!

Sunday I experienced wonderful things... the beauty of healing, the joy of laughter, the pleasure of friends and the love of a stranger.  A friend of mine from the states was preaching in Kabale Uganda.  We have known Dana Morey for years and he is the founder of a non-profit called A Light to the Nations.  You can find out more about the ministry at www.alighttothenations.com.  He is one of the kindest people I know.  His wife Karman is so sweet and absolutely gifted in counseling too.



After preaching a message, he prayed for people to find healing and one woman opened her eyes after years of not seeing.  Her sister-in-law was so excited that she danced in front of a huge crowd.  It was truly something I never thought I would live to see. There were so many people that experienced healing.  I saw several women who couldn't walk when they came in and upon leaving discarded their walking sticks. Hope was given one of them as a reminder of what God can still do.  Amazing.  I have been skeptical in the past of these situations but honestly I can see that God showed these people that He cared for them in a special way. 

I hugged so many children and prayed for many of them.  Prayer is a powerful thing. I also laughed as children giggled at the way American's try to pronounce the names of people here!  It is so difficult... they are all M's and N's. I watched as my daughter received a beautiful gift from a stranger and it made her smile. If you knew how lonely Hope has been, you would know what a miracle it was for her to receive that! We also ate with our friends before they returned to the states last night.  It was a day filled with wonder.  I am so glad we went to Kabale!

No comments: