Saturday, July 30, 2011

Some additional village photos

I barely slept Thursday night from crying so I am too tired to say much.  Today I met a girl with HIV who lost 2 children and was abandoned by her husband, an elderly woman who was too poor to afford clothes, a grandmother left alone to care for her prostitute daughters 8 children with graves covering her yard, and a 90 year old woman being cared for by her 78 year old brother.  I also had an opportunity to help a woman named Rose.
Grandma Josephine had rags to wear and had her land taken from her when her children died

Praying for Jaja Josephine

Grandma Maria is 90 years old - I asked her what she wanted and she said, "Please, I want some meat"



Here are 8 grand children that were born to 2 prostitutes and abandoned at Grandma Hafina's door step
Hafina's youngest grandson has a crippled leg - Pastor Jehosophat is looking it over
Here is Rose after we gave her a Micro Finance Grant - she was SO happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So love this pic of you and Rose!!!! Love, Jill

Ben Pahlow said...

THANK YOU JILL! She is so cute!

Melody