Wednesday, November 03, 2010

T.S. Eliot

I read this and thought it was worth meditating on:

The Four Quartets, T.S. Eliot

To arrive where you are, to get from where you are not,
You must go by a way wherein there is no ecstasy.
In order to arrive at what you do not know
You must go by a way which is the way of ignorance.
In order to possess what you do not possess,
You must to by the way of dispossession.
In order to arrive at what you are not,
You must go through the way in which you are not.

Sometimes growing and changing is so painful. I feel all at once hopeless, frustrated and without direction. However, at the same time the process is so liberating and freeing. It is a break from the normal. There is a part of me I have accepted that is completely unsatisfied with the current situation. There is also the part of me that wants to stay comfortable. It is a constant fight to stay in discomfort so I can be something else. I don't want to stay here in complacency any longer. So now I choose ignorance, dispossession, a lack of ecstacy at times and going through a way in which I am not.

3 comments:

Anniekk said...

I so know that feeling at lest I think I do.. makes me feel like crying I guess at the frustratation of life

Ben Pahlow said...

Yes, me too.

Jaimie's Life Adventures said...

Two thumbs up for your choice! I believe in you every minute of every day!