Friday, October 22, 2010

Forward

I feel nervous today. I am preparing for my race... the first race of my life. I didn't know running could be so all engrossing. It feels like I am becoming more and more addicted to the adrenaline rush. I am surpassing my goals, going further, getting faster. I believe I am a runner. As my friends Ken and Val say, I have tasted the purple koolaid :)

Ben asked me yesterday, "Why do you run"? I didn't really know how to answer that. There are lots of reasons; health, stress relief, anger management, etc. Those would be typical reasons. However, I believe the one thing that keeps me going is the forward motion. When I run and my mind goes to that wonderful zen place, I know I am moving ahead -- forward and not back. I want to run and never look back. I sense that there is more ahead of me than behind. I don't believe in staying in one place anymore. I won't be complacent. I won't be trapped. I won't be stagnant. I will choose my future and chase after it. Running is a physical representation of my new committment to my future; healthy, strong, confident, take charge. Whatever it is God has for me I want to be ready.

My husband, my sister, my brother in law and my daughter are all inspired to become more physically active. I am so glad. When we are physically healthy then other areas of our life become more clear and focused too. It's good all the way around. I feel changed and new...So what is the next aspect of my life that God wants transform?

No comments: