Sunday, October 03, 2010

Alive

This picture is Ben and I at my dad's 80th birthday party. My running is really paying off!

Today I ran and beat my best time by 25 seconds. I feel stronger, faster and ready for a race. I was smiling through the run and I actually laughed when I hit my stride. The sunshine is brighter now and God seems to be sending me a message with each and every step I take. He loves me. He isn't angry. He wants me and I am the only girl in the world to Him. I was listening to P.O.D. during my last mile and the song "Alive" seemed to be the words I was singing from the heart. Here are some of them:

Everyday is a new day

I'm thank ful for

Every breath I take

I won't take it for granted

And I learn from my mistakes

It's beyond my control

Sometimes its best to let go

Whatever happens in the lifetime

So I trust in love, so I trust in love

You have given me peace of mind

I, I feel so alive

For the very first time

And I can't deny you

I feel so alive

I, I feel so alive

For the very first time

And I think I could fly

I love when God speaks to me like this. It feels right. When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden I can only imagine how devastating it must have been to suddenly have to hide from God's presence. I am made to live in His light and not in the darkness of doubt and self hatred. Without Him I would not be able to connect to anything or anyone.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. This is my favorite prayer right now and it feels so good to realize there are things I can't change and will never be able to but God accepts me just as I am. He made a way for me and I am at peace.

No comments: