Thursday, March 03, 2011

One Day Could be a Day too Late

After meeting with the African Continent Director of Awana yesterday, it has become apparent that poverty has stretched so far beyond all of my imaginings.  The world is a place filled with the poor and struggling.  Sometimes when I look around me all I can see is wealth... malls, cars, houses.  America is definitely still struggling but thank God most of us have food and shelter. The thought of a young child sick with AIDS or a dying widow with 5 children and no food or shelter really makes me break down and cry.

We looked through some old photos yesterday of families waiting to receive sponsorship.  I was struck again with a sense of urgency.  Who had passed away?  What child in the 5 didn't have a chance to grow up? 

If you have an opportunity to help, please consider doing so.  Time is so precious.  One day late could cost a life.  http://www.pahlow.com/

2 comments:

Jaimie's Life Adventures said...

Mel, In my sociology class, we are learning about some of the effects of globalization and exploitation of the poor. I get that feeling of heaviness and burden when I watch these videos and see what is taking place in our world. Keep pushing for those people! They need your voice! You are Gods hands and feet and in Him you can do the "impossible". Love you friend!

Melody Pahlow said...

Thanks Jaimie! I will keep fighting... you do the same :)