Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Great News and Some Not So Great!

Well the first sponsorship donations are in Kampala! I am so excited about what will happen this week when the families open their bank accounts. It seems like forever since we saw them and with all of the sadness this month, I have been increasingly anxious to have everything in place. Every minute counts when the people are starving. I can't wait to see the photos we receive! Each bank day for new sponsors, we have pictures taken so that the donors know that their donation has made it to the needy family. I know everyone is waiting for that wonderful day... even myself!

On the down side I broke my foot yesterday! My foot twisted between the sidewalk and the sunken grass and snap! Well... at least it isn't the right one (I can still drive) and I am not in a lot of pain. Last night Nathan said, "Mom! You didn't even cry!" I guess I was too busy screaming! Today I go to the surgeon to see if I need an operation. I guess I will be limping around for a while!

I couldn't help but think about people in Africa who are disabled today as I tried to get ready. It was so hard for me to do anything... and I can't imagine how difficult it would be to NOT have crutches or rolling chairs. Again, I am thankful for living in the top 10% of the world... it means I can get help and be better soon. But what if I wasn't?

Fracture is on the left


No comments: