Saturday, June 24, 2006

Thank You Short Term Team #1... from Bosco


Kigali, 20th June 2006


I COULD NOT KEEP SILENT

As the bible says in Ecclesiastes 3: 7b (a time to be silent and a time to speak) I would like to talk about our friends visitors who came to RWANDA from USA, on behalf of Global Family Rescue (GFR), from 10 June to 20 June 2006. I have never met such a team in my life and that is why I want to talk a little bit about them.

In my Christian life, I realized many times the power of prayer. Prayer was a tool for me to do the work of God and to renew both my relationship with God and people. But when I was with the team; I realized that prayer is not enough.

For ten days I was with the team from the USA doing works of generosity for helping poor people, orphans and widows. I have been very troubled in my heart that I haven’t done any thing special in my life. I learned so much from them about being a man of God or woman of God and now I understand God wants us to do as long as we are still alive.

I saw how they worked hard and how they climbed up and down the hills and mountains to join their poor friends who live there, where the car and motorbike cannot reach. I saw how they were hugging the villagers, showing the great love they have for poor people. I saw also how it was very sad for them to separate from us when they were saying good bye.

But the fruits they left in our country among us will be eaten by everybody and I am the first one to eat the fruit and their actions are contagious! I would like to be like them and change socially, physically and morally. It is the first time I realized how God uses his power to strengthen those who accept God’s call through others.

I am so thankful for those ladies and gentlemen. I discovered in them the different talents and gifts for honoring God through their work for Him.

God bless them so much with their families in what they are doing and planning to do.
I cannot forget in my heart how important they are to me. It was so hard for me to separate with those wonderful ladies and gentle men full of love and generosity. I wanted them to stay with us.

What I know is that one day we will live together eternally, in the kingdom of God.

Don Bosco- One of the staff

1 comment:

The Haines Family said...

Bosco,
You will forever be a part of our family now. You are a true man of God and it is an honor to know you. To feel so close to someone after only knowing you for 10 days, this is the work of the Holy Spirit. We miss you. We pray for you. We love you. May God bless and encourage you! In His Love,
Pam (and the 'guys')